you can probably also guess that i've been in a bit of a reflective mood lately...saw this as i was surfing through other blogs...and considered myself tagged...frankly i could use more self-reflection at the moment. thanks, ardis!
3 joys
1. when there's total and complete harmony in my home...it's happened before--and it could happen again! heh-heh
2. sitting in the midst of loved ones...especially when there's a whole bunch of 'em--like at a family party or in church when a new baby's being blessed...

with the in-laws...family reunion '06
(most of my father-in-law's 15 children with their spouses & children--I say "most" 'cause with as many people as there are in this photo, we were still missing about 5 people!)
3. listening to birds outside my window in the morning or waves breaking on the sand--or pointing out those things to my children on the rare occasion that we get to experience the sounds of the countryside together (my kids are total townies!)
3 goals
1. return to new zealand--this time with my family! it's my hubby's dream destination, though he's never been there before
2. finish my ph.d.--okay, more like start my ph.d.--wait, let me back up...how's about: read a book
3. learn to speak another foreign language--like portuguese, the language of some of my ancestors...alrighty, perhaps i should start with the ones i already know in part and master those first...like standard english...(coo, coo)
3 current obsessions
1. getting a handle on my family history book (all 200+ descendants of my paternal grandparents--hey, i have first cousins who are already great-grandparents)...for example, this is just one of dad's 9 siblings...

dad's oldest brother, his wife, & 13 children
a lot of cousins + as many photos + the tendency to need everything just so = unfinished book
2. organizing/scrapbooking all my photos (we're talking a couple decades worth)--see current obsession #1
3. learning to blog...where more than my cat will read it. wait, i don't have a cat! uh, oh...
maybe i can borrow this one...?!








2 comments:
oh that last one was hilarious!!! Maybe I go borrow that cat too...BTW, did you serve in Japan too? Or did your hubby serve there?
LOL...Neither...I got my M.R.S. degree at age 20, so didn't make it to 21...and hubby served a Samoan-speaking mission in California-San Jose. However, took 5 years of Nihongo, and one of my first jobs was as Japanese-speaking guide at PCC. Yikes! Those poor tourists!! I took a year with Kajiyama Sensei at BYU-HC...along with a handful of RMs from Japan--a little bit before your time... :) You probably know a couple of them who were from Kaua`i...I have pics somewhere...but um, still trying to get the scrapbooking under control...as soon as I find them, I'll share... :D
P.S. Whoo hoo...I should photoshop your picture next to the cat...LOL
Post a Comment